Get a behind-the-scenes look at the admissions process from Kris Anderson, the UWEC admissions director

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello Fall, Goodbye Summer

Welcome to my blog, future Blugolds! My name is Kris Anderson, and I'm the Admissions Director at UW - Eau Claire. OK, actually my title is "Executive Director of Enrollment Services/Director of Admissions," but that seems way too long. Yep, it takes two lines on my email signature file!:)The goal of this blog is to welcome you to the EC community, keep you in the loop of what's going on at UWEC, and to give you a behind the scenes glimpse of what happens when you apply here. Having said that, I'm really open to what you all want to know. What topics would you guys find helpful? Fun? Boring?

Since this is the first post of the season, I'll be brief. But wow, it's been a really busy summer here in our office. Beginning in June, we had probably 120 visitors each day to our campus. Just in July alone, we had 400 more visitors than July of last year! A lot of family vacations! If any of you took a tour, let us know how your visit was. If you haven't visited yet, we have lots of options for you this fall. You can set up all your arrangements here: https://www.uwec.edu/admissions/visit/index.htm

Many of you are also getting ready to apply, and I'll be back with some tips for you soon. You can apply anytime between Sept 15th and December 1st for priority consideration. You will have the chance to check the status of your application via our application status check which is online. You get log in info after you apply.

Our freshmen are getting ready to come to campus on Monday. Yippee!

Check out my profile to learn more about me and tell me about yourself, too.

Back soon,
Kris

No comments: